[open-science] “We are entering an era of open science” says EU Vice President Neelie Kroes at launch of new global Research Data Alliance

Matt Jones jones at nceas.ucsb.edu
Fri Mar 22 22:31:00 UTC 2013

I haven't been attending these meetings myself, but I'll cc Bill Michener
Rebecca Koskela who have been representing our DataONE project at RDA and
see how they think it might be best to proceed.  Looking at the proposed
charter for the RDA legal working group, I do see that Bill is a proposed
member from DataONE, and that there is a slot for an as yet unnamed OKFN
representative.  To view the proposed WG charter, see the attachment here:
http://forum.rd-alliance.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=32#p199.  Seems to me like
this legal group is in a good position to address the open data issues you
are interested in, and that maybe extending the proposed WG charter is
still feasible -- it is still being actively discussed, as evidenced by
Mark Parsons commentary on it as of February 28th.

Matt