[open-science] Cancer Genome Atlas - Collaborative Analysis

john wilbanks jtw at del-fi.org
Thu Sep 26 17:42:07 UTC 2013

Some nice results from using Sage Bionetworks' Synapse to synch 250+
scientists from around the world to collectively analyze the Cancer
Genome Atlas. Papers are Green OA (4 online today, 14 more in press).

http://sagebase.org/2013/09/26/synapse-enables-18-novel-cancer-publications/

In particular, if you're contemplating version control metaphors for
science, I encourage you to read our commentary on what was required to
support this kind of science at

http://www.nature.com/ng/journal/v45/n10/pdf/ng.2761.pdf

(I work half-time at Sage Bionetworks, full disclosure. Read more about
us at http://www.sagebase.org/philosophy/)

Best,
jtw

--