[open-science] Open Science Wiki Workshop

Rayna rayna.st at gmail.com
Wed Sep 18 16:11:31 UTC 2013

Dear all,

Here is a reminder that, I hope, will answer all these questions and clear
doubts that may subsist :)

* the satellite event is to be held *tomorrow*, Thursday, 19 September;
* venue, schedule, etc. were announced here:
http://okcon.org/open-science-and-research/session-b/
* proposals for projects to work on + the Doodle allowing you to pick the
project you are willing to work on:
http://science.okfn.org/2013/09/14/okcon-open-citizen-science-hackday-submissions/

You are still able to pick a project. The people who have proposed the
projects will be responsible for setting up the ways remote participation
will happen. Stefan and myself are around to help out in this. There will
be very possibly a pad and perhaps a Skype/Hangout ongoing. Not sure yet
for the latter as we'll be all together in the same room :)

Looking forward to meeting you tomorrow, in person and online :)

Rayna

2013/9/18 Ted Strauss <ted at trudat.co>

> Will this workshop be webcast in any way?
> I would definitely be interested to participate.
>

> On Tue, Sep 17, 2013 at 6:41 AM, Pierre-Carl Langlais <
> pierrecarl.langlais at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> The Open Science Wiki workshop is taking a good shape. You can find here
>> the presentation page on Wikipedia : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/**
>> Wikipedia:Workshop/Open_**Science_Workshop_%28Geneva%29<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Workshop/Open_Science_Workshop_%28Geneva%29>
>>
>> The main aim is to « map » the open science movement, both on a semantic
>> (what does it mean?) and social (who does it?) viewpoint.
>>
>> To achieve this target, the workshop comprises several platform:
>> *The P2P Foundation wiki.
>> *The English Wikipedia.
>> *The French Wikipedia: https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/**
>> Wikip%C3%A9dia:Atelier_**Science_ouverte<https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikip%C3%A9dia:Atelier_Science_ouverte>
>> *Twitter with a devoted hashtag, #OpenScienceWiki.
>>
>> I've created a header in order to switch easily from one to another
>> platform. They are mostly complementary.
>>
>> We can do on the P2P Foundation wiki a lot of thing that would not be
>> conceivable on Wikipedia, such as recording open science projects
>> regardless of their notability. Yet, the more academic process of Wikipedia
>> contribution ensures a solid state of the art of open science definitions
>> and features. I have for instance initiated a page to indicate all the
>> major references and work on the topic: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/**
>> Wikipedia:Workshop/Open_**Science_Workshop_%28Geneva%29/**References<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Workshop/Open_Science_Workshop_%28Geneva%29/References>
>>
>> The workshop is open to everyone curious about open science. That
>> probably includes you. We are hoping for a good deal of external
>> contribution.
>>
>> Pierre-Carl Langlais a.k.a Alexander Doria

> Ted Strauss
> Co-founder of Trudat.co <http://trudat.co/>

"Change l'ordre du monde plutôt que tes désirs."

http://de.linkedin.com/in/raynas