[open-science] Calling Berlin-based open science folk - fringe event venue?

Jenny Molloy jenny.molloy at okfn.org
Wed May 28 08:59:32 UTC 2014

HI All

As so many open science working group members will be in Berlin for OKFest
15-17 July it seems a shame not to capitalise and have an extended get
together as a fringe event on 18 July once the main festivities are over.

There is specifically a content mining focused workshop which several
people are interested in running, but otherwise it would be great to have a
hackday and start working on some of the great ideas and collaborations I'm
sure we'll come up with throughout the festival.

This will be an informal and community curated event organised by us as the
working group rather than the OKFest team.

The most important hurdle is to secure a venue for the day - is anyone
based or has contacts based in Berlin who might be able to source a room or
two at an office/university/other venue? Ideally for free but we can try
and work something out if there are minimal costs attached.

Hoping to hear from you and I look forward to seeing many of you in Berlin!

Jenny