[open-science] Yesterday, we leaked the French agreement with Elsevier

Rayna rayna.st at gmail.com
Tue Nov 11 15:49:38 UTC 2014

Hi everyone,

Just a short message to highlight a piece we wrote with Pierre-Carl
Langlais (@Dorialexander). It was published in a prominent online
publication yesterday, in French and was aimed to release the recently
concluded agreement between the French Ministry of Research and Elsevier.

With precious help from Jenny and Katelyn, the piece is now available in
English on the main OKF blog:
http://blog.okfn.org/2014/11/11/france-prefers-to-pay-twice-for-papers-by-its-researchers/

Such secret contracts are what hinders any meaningful incentive to an Open
Access policy. This is the first installment in a series of materials we
will be running in the coming weeks, aiming to achieve greater transparency
(and later on, to conquer the world ;) ).

Comments, insights, ideas, tweets, etc. greatly appreciated,
Rayna

--
"Change l'ordre du monde plutôt que tes désirs."

http://me.hatewasabi.info/