[open-science] Open Science and Open Education

Jenny Molloy jenny.molloy at okfn.org
Tue Sep 16 09:39:34 UTC 2014

Hi All

I recently drafted a piece on open science and open education for a
teaching portfolio, with a focus on under- and postgraduate level teaching.

It was for a specific purpose but I thought others might be interested in
taking a look, all contributions are welcome and it's public domain. Maybe
some of you would be interested in helping expand it to a full and useful
review!

https://www.writelatex.com/1458762xxhqzz [could have transferred to
googledocs/etherpad but this is editable and saved me reformatting - happy
to move it if people prefer]

I'm seeing a lot of activity around the best ways to train students and
other early career researchers about open science and wondered who on this
list is specifically interested in this area? My list includes:

Sophie Kay and the OSTI programme
FOSTER
Mozilla Science Lab & Software Carpentry
Finland´s Doctoral Schools
<http://www.csc.fi/csc/kurssit/arkisto/doctoralschools>

I'm at a three day workshop on open and reproducible science in biology
(#orb14) so this has been on my mind as training keeps coming up!

Thoughts to the list on some of the training initiatives around open
science and use of open science in teaching, feel free to weigh in with
comments and contributions to the piece if interested.

Jenny