[open-science] Updating health evidence on Wikipedia - 16 Sep 2014
jenny.molloy at okfn.org
Wed Sep 3 14:42:40 UTC 2014
I thought this might be of interest to the list - the editathon is UK
based but you can join remotely.
*S4BE Wiki Week*
Join Students 4 Best Evidence (S4BE) and help update health evidence on
S4BE are planning an exciting week (15th-19th September) of blogs,
resources and tutorials, culminating in a LIVE Wiki Editathon, online and
at the UK Cochrane Centre on the 16th September.
Cochrane has recently joined forces with Wikipedia in a partnership to get
more Cochrane health evidence on Wikipedia. To celebrate this, S4BE want to
get students involved in this partnership as they know Wikipedia is a key
Throughout Wiki Week, S4BE will be publishing blogs on:
* Why students are interested in Wikipedia
* How to become active on Wikipedia
* What is WikiProjectMed
* How to edit Wikipedia
* Cochrane and Wikipedia partnership
* and much more!
Wiki Editathon (launching on 16th September):
* In person in Oxford at the UK Cochrane Centre and online using Google
Hangout on the 16th
* Wiki training: experienced Wikipedians will be joining us to provide
support for students new to Wiki
* Group work: working on a selection of interesting and new Cochrane
reviews that we will help pre-pick
* A prize...
* and lunch for those coming in person!
For further information about the week and the Editathon:
* Tweet @Students4BE
* Email general at students4bestevidence.net
<general at students4bestevidence.net?subject=S4BE%20Wiki%20Week>
* Message S4BE on Facebook.com/Students4BE
Listen out as S4BE will soon be launching a space on Wiki where you can
find out more and sign up. In the mean time, check out the UK Medical
Education Wiki page, here: wikimedia.org.uk/wiki/Medical_education
Students - join S4BE, spread the word and sign up to the Wiki Editathon!
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the open-science