[open-science] Slide 45 of 47 of open notebook science

Peter Murray-Rust pm286 at cam.ac.uk
Thu Sep 25 21:47:17 UTC 2014

It's my model of what the OpenNotebookScience world looks like. There *are*
people doing ONS and they will normally do *part* of the process. Thus if
you are an experimental chemist - like Mat Todd - you will try and get your
intrumental output and your "handwritten" notes onto the web. Then other
people can close the cycle. If you are doing computational ONS - and we are
close to that then we have another subsection.

The first challenge is to want to get all the processes fully Open - no
insider knowledge. It's reasonable to allow maybe an hour for
"transcription and translation" getting the stuff out onto the web. With
instruments it depends on who "owns" it.

So there's nothing unrealistic about the diagram - it;s a mixture of social
and human engineering and that takes time.

P.