[open-science] Mozilla Science Lab Global Sprint - Project & Host submissions now open!

Bill Mills bill at mozillafoundation.org
Wed Apr 8 18:01:38 UTC 2015

Hi all,

Earlier this week, the Mozilla Science Lab announced the 2015 Global Sprint
for open science, research and education on June 4-5, the next event in our
twice-annual series of get-togethers for the community to work on code,
draft curriculum, and collaborate on new & emerging ideas. Our inaugural
Global Sprint in July 2014, followed by the Science & the Web sprint at the
Mozilla Festival in October, brought together a wide array of individuals
that otherwise might not have had the chance to meet & work together; we
want this sprint to be the biggest yet, and we need your help to make it so.

*The call for projects & hosts for the Sprint is now open*, and we'd be
delighted to have each of you participate. The sprint planning etherpad is
here: https://etherpad.mozilla.org/sciencelab-2015globalsprint - if you'd
like to propose a project, add it to the list on that etherpad, and we'll
get in touch individually. Any project related to doing or teaching open
science & research is a good fit for the Sprint. Projects can be
tool-based, open educational resources, or anything else that furthers or
exemplifies open science; all we ask, is that at least one project leader
is available online to coordinate volunteer efforts on their project during
the sprint.

If you're available to host a space for the sprint during usual working
hours in your timezone, the call for hosts is on the same etherpad. Even if
you only have space for a couple of people, consider welcoming your
community; we want as many sites as possible spanning every time zone to
join in and give their local community a place to meet, work and
collaborate.

Have a look at the blog post for the sprint here:
http://www.mozillascience.org/announcing-our-global-sprint-2015, and if you
have any questions, don't hesitate to get in touch with me directly, or the
Science Lab team at sciencelab at mozillafoundation.org - we hope you'll join
us.

--
Best Regards,