[open-science] Crucially overlooked Ebola research article is paywalled at... Elsevier

Peter Murray-Rust pm286 at cam.ac.uk
Wed Apr 15 17:34:39 UTC 2015

On Wed, Apr 15, 2015 at 6:23 PM, Donat Agosti <agosti at amnh.org> wrote:

>  Are there estimated on how big such a corpus on articles on Ebola would
> be?

No idea

> Is there any Ebola bibliography available that could be the seed for
> building up such a OA library?

We could create one.

But we must beware of only creating Open resources for major critical
situations. We don't know what ecological influences, social practices,
political studies, economic reports, cultural studies, etc. could be
relevant. We must push for everything to be fully open and re-usable and
redistributable.

I wouldn't know what the most effect way to communicate in Liberia is. It
may be networks, it may be copy shops... The point is we can't even start.