[open-science] Why do you use MediaWiki?

Ivan Ferrero ivan.ferrero1975 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 26 12:30:20 UTC 2015

MediaWiki appears to be the best choice for an instructional wiki, though
it seems harder to install to a non-tech like me. :-)
I keep note.
Maybe I can find someone that takes care of the technical issues.

As for the fork, GitHub would be the best choice, but I want the forks to
stay under the same domain in order to keep the identity of the project:

1) it should be able to contain not only the same single project and all
its variations, but all the project related to the topic

2) I want to create some fund raising campaign on it (i.e.: crowdfunding
and others) so the platform should have a strong identity

They may be two different platforms, one instructional (like Wikipedia) and
one project oriented.
How about the former, I don't have a team, not yet.
I may start by putting my findings, and people will come along the way, as
it is happening with my Italian project www.bullismoonline.it : I started
alone and after few months people are asking to participate. ;-)

DokuWiki would be great, the TXT format easier to manage, though MediaWiki
may offer an already known platform to work with.

I keep you updated, of course.