[open-science] Advice for starting an open community lab/biomakespace?

Mr. Puneet Kishor punk.kish at gmail.com
Mon Nov 30 16:48:18 UTC 2015

> On Nov 30, 2015, at 10:12 PM, William Waites <ww at eris.okfn.org> wrote:
>
> On Mon, 30 Nov 2015 22:03:17 +0530, "Mr. Puneet Kishor" <punk.kish at gmail.com> said:
>
>> There is no code-of-ethics... focus on the user. Eliminate as many
>> hurdles as possible, be they legal, money, regulatory, etc.
>
> Sure, making stuff accessible as possible... But not sure eliminating
> ethics is a good idea.

You are absolutely right, which is why I started that subsequent para with "So, here is what I am getting at. Definitely talk to as many biohackerspace folks as you can, do things the right way…” Part of that “doing things the right way” is to develop a code-of-ethics, best-practices, conflict resolution, etc.

Puneet.