[open-science] Open Science Policy Platform - Open Science Working Group Representative

Tom Olijhoek tom.olijhoek at gmail.com
Mon Mar 21 23:00:00 UTC 2016

I fully support Jenny's application for being a community representative at
the Europe open science platform. Apart from being very Knowledgeable she
also has many contacts in the open science community
Tom Olijhoek. Editor in Chief DOAJ

On Monday, March 21, 2016, Jenny Molloy <jcmcoppice12 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi All
>
> Thanks all for your support! I am working on the application text and will
> share asap.
> I don't actually know myself how one actively endorses me other than
> saying so here and I point at the thread in my application. Cameron
> suggested people do so in the comments on his blog so I guess that is
> legitimate :)
> There doesn't seem to be an official mechanism based on the application
> information.
>
> Pavel Richter (CEO of Open Knowledge) will sign a letter on behalf of Open
> Knowledge to support my application as the 'organisation'. I will also
> endorse Daniel, Cameron, Bjorn and Konrad as stakeholder group
> representatives in whatever way they've suggested that happens!
>
> Jenny
>
> On Sun, Mar 20, 2016 at 11:18 AM, Emanuil Tolev <emanuil at cottagelabs.com
> <javascript:_e(%7B%7D,'cvml','emanuil at cottagelabs.com');>> wrote:
>
>> +1 Jenny as one of the individual candidates or the OK-INT candidate (not
>> sure if OK has to announce this as well somehow?). I support Cameron as an
>> individual application as well. Let's get some sense in there.
>> On Mar 17, 2016 9:08 AM, "Jenny Molloy" <jenny.molloy at okfn.org
>> <javascript:_e(%7B%7D,'cvml','jenny.molloy at okfn.org');>> wrote:
>>
>>> Dear Open Science Working Group
>>>
>>> Konrad Förstner suggests we should put forward someone for the EU Open
>>> Science Policy Platform.
>>> More info:
>>> https://ec.europa.eu/research/openscience/index.cfm?pg=open-science-policy-platform
>>>
>>> This would be a good chance to take forward our views and interests at a
>>> high level in EU science policy. The nominations need to be in next Tuesday
>>> so it's a bit last minute!
>>>
>>> I have been considering it and would be happy to put myself forward, but
>>> if anyone else strongly wants to be the representative then please let us
>>> all know.
>>>
>>> Also, it would be great to get a feeling for who else is going for this
>>> and whether it is looking like there is a good set of applications from the
>>> open community.
>>>
>>> Best wishes
>>>
>>> Jenny

Tom Olijhoek PhD
Editor in Chief, Directory of Open Access Journals DOAJ.ORG
Consultant for Open Access
Consultant Soil Microbiology and Soil fertility
SKYPE tom.olijhoek
Twitter   @ccess
LinkedIn  http://nl.linkedin.com/in/tomolijhoek/
ORCID  orcid.org/0000-0002-5433-5944