[open-science] Open Source Bioinformatics @ Google Summer of Code

Bastian Greshake bgreshake at googlemail.com
Tue Mar 15 15:59:23 UTC 2016

Hey there,
this might be of interest to some of us and to students we know: The Open Bioinformatics Foundation is again an umbrella organisation for the Google Summer of Code and as such offers many interesting (and more importantly paid!) projects across different Bio-projects: http://obf.github.io/GSoC/ <http://obf.github.io/GSoC/>

Amongst many others, there are project ideas for BioPerl, BioNode, some Python-based programming ideas for existing software. And we’re also looking for some people who are into Ruby (on Rails) and the web for openSNP.

So if you are someone or know someone who might be interested in doing open source-open science, please let them know about this opportunities. The deadline for applications will be on 25th already :-)

Cheers,
Bastian

--
@gedankenstuecke