[open-science] Open Science Policy Platform - Open Science Working Group Representative

Heidi Laine heidi.k.laine at gmail.com
Thu Mar 17 11:49:59 UTC 2016

Dear All,,

The Finnish Open Science Working Group is planning on supporting Janne
Seppänen for the platform. He is a founding member of Peerage of Science:
https://www.peerageofscience.org/

The primary stakeholder group that Janne would represent are open science &
research related start-ups. If it's not deemed strategically unwise, I
would be open to extending the Finnish WG's support also to another
candidate, if their role and affiliation would be different from Janne's,
f.e. representing the OK Open Science community. But I do think it would be
better to nominate only one person per stakeholder. My personal vote would
have to go to Jenny.

As a general comment I want to add, that It feels like it is a crucial time
in terms of the EU level open science policy, with the Open Science Cloud
in the works. It's extremely important to have a strong early career voice
in the discussion, so I'm really happy about Jennys conversation opening.
Whether we get a representative to the platform or not, we (the OK /
grassroot level / early career open science people) need to (pro)actively
follow and participate in the discussions.

BR,
Heidi
Open Knowledge Finland Open Science WG Core Person
okf.fi

to 17. maaliskuuta 2016 klo 13.21 Konrad Förstner <konrad at foerstner.org>