[open-science] OpenTrials launch - 10th Oct, World Health Summit, Berlin

Ben Meghreblian ben.meghreblian at okfn.org
Tue Sep 27 18:59:11 UTC 2016

Hello all,

In under two weeks, on 10th Oct, we launch OpenTrials
<http://opentrials.net> - an open, linked database of publicly available
data and documents on all clinical trials conducted.

We hope that OpenTrials will increase discoverability, facilitate research,
help identify inconsistent data, enable audits on the availability and
completeness of this information, support advocacy for better data, and
drive standards around open data in evidence-based medicine.

For an overview of what OpenTrials is, why it’s important, and how it will
work, see:

http://blogs.biomedcentral.com/on-medicine/2016/04/14/opentrials-what-why-and-how/

Just before the launch, on 8th Oct, we’re also running a Hack Day
(sponsored by PLOS Medicine) to help people learn more about the data that
powers OpenTrials, how it’s structured, and how to use our API to search
the OpenTrials database.

For more information about both events see:

<goog_1006501046>
http://opentrials.net/2016/08/24/opentrials-launch-date-hack-day/

If you’re interested in evidence-based medicine and open data, you can get
involved with OpenTrials in a number of ways - have a look:

<goog_1006501048>
http://opentrials.net/contribute

Best wishes,

Ben

--
Ben Meghreblian

OpenTrials Community Manager | Skype: benmeg | tel: +44 790 60 66 870

opentrials.net | @opentrials <https://twitter.com/opentrials>

Open Knowledge International <https://okfn.org>

*Empowering through Open Knowledge*

https://okfn.org | @okfn <https://twitter.com/OKFN> | OKI on Facebook