[open-science] Open Science MOOC - feedback open!

Peter Murray-Rust pm286 at cam.ac.uk
Tue Feb 27 15:34:15 UTC 2018

Thanks very much Puneet,
I think "responsible Science" is a very good central concept.
And also great to see you have worked with Sophie Kay-Kershaw - one of our
first OKF Panton Fellows. Sophie has done a great pioneering job in
developing tools and methodology for responsible data-rich science.

P.

On Tue, Feb 27, 2018 at 2:49 PM, Puneet Kishor <punk.kish at gmail.com> wrote:

> Some time back I had started work on an open science course covering
> “things I would have liked to learn 20 yrs ago knowing what I know now.”
> Unsurprisingly, my work on this has stalled a bit but here it is, all under
> CC0, in case any of it is useful
>
> https://github.com/punkish/open-science-course
>
> I do intend to reboot it soon.
>
> --
> Puneet Kishor
> Just Another Creative Commoner
> http://punkish.org/About
>
> On Feb 25, 2018, at 2:49 PM, Jon Tennant <jon.tennant.2 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi everyone,
>
> I hope this email finds you all well. I'm writing to you on behalf of the Open
> Science MOOC <https://opensciencemooc.eu/>, a training and education
> platform that is being built by the global research community (including
> many of you!).
>
> For the last couple of weeks, we have been hammering away at the structure
> and outline as a foundation for future development, and including learning
> outcomes and objectives, tasks, key resources, and topical components for
> each of the 10 modules. I'm happy to say that the first draft has just been
> finished, and is open for feedback and suggestions from, well, anyone. The
> document is openly available *here
> <https://docs.google.com/document/d/1KuTSECSYHXZmZX15GDjyD65pJ90eRMhHVEZ-1trsw30/edit?usp=sharing>*,
> and we welcome comments from all of you, no matter what your background or
> experiences in open science might be.
>
> I would be especially grateful if any of you could find the time here,
> given your collective knowledge and enthusiasm for all things open
> science/research/scholarship/education. If anyone would like to know
> more, or speak about this project on a more personal basis, please feel
> free to contact me however you prefer. Hopefully we should have some more
> good news on this front in the coming weeks too. For updates, those of you
> on Twitter can follow the project here <https://twitter.com/OpenSci_MOOC/>
> .
>
> Cheers,
>
> Jon

Reader Emeritus in Molecular Informatics
Unilever Centre, Dept. Of Chemistry