[open-sustainability] 3rd International Open Data Conference 2015

Robert Rattle robert14robert at yahoo.ca
Tue Dec 9 16:29:31 UTC 2014

well, now that the matter has been raised...while some of us do live on the NA side of the pond, Canada is a vast land with little to none rail service for the most part.  Although it does exist in some areas, is antiquated, languishes in both policy and investment, and few use it, most preferring auto or air (however, this is not too unlike global trends: EEA released this report yesterday http://www.eea.europa.eu/highlights/more-action-needed-to-reduce) - many crucial areas and opportunities for open data to explore and address perhaps?
great topic, and despite our 'sector' focus, the world of teleconferencing remains largely supplemental to real conferencing, and issues like this are probably best discussed face-to-face at conferences such as this.  Oh hum....So I hope to see a good international representation at the conference to raise these important issues and move them forward.  For those coming distances by air, carbon offsets, and revisiting personal consumption habits is a start, but your presence and contributions to help open data transform policy and infrastructure for sustainability will be your greatest contribution.