[Open-transport] Potential session at OKFEST

Julian Tait julian at futureeverything.org
Tue Aug 28 09:18:56 UTC 2012

It is a little bit last minute, but if there was any interest in doing a session as part of the Open Transport strand of OKFEST that looks at Open Fares data. Although perhaps not that relevant if you live in a city/country which has a sane public transportation system, in the UK and especially my home town of Manchester it is an issue. Many public transport services are delivered by private operators, Greater Manchester has 40+ bus operators, and these often have opaque fare charging systems. This has been seen to be detrimental to encouraging more people on to public transport.

If there is interest, please let me know.

Cheers

Julian Tait

M: 44 (0)7802 851 394
Skype: Julianlstar
Twitter: @julianlstar

FutureEverything - Innovation Lab and award winning global festival of art, music and ideas.

http://www.futureeverything.org

Twitter: @FuturEverything
Tag: #futr