[Open-transport] Open Transport Stream - OKFestival

Lucy Chambers lucy.chambers at okfn.org
Mon Mar 5 15:29:23 UTC 2012

Hi Pieter,

Fantastic!

Btw - are you on the mailing list for the festival coordination?

It would be fantastic if you could drop a line there to mention that you
would be interested in helping out with a transport stream / session so
that people will already know there is interest when the CFP goes out!

All the best,

Lucy

On Mon, Mar 5, 2012 at 10:02 AM, Pieter Colpaert
<pieter.colpaert at okfn.org>wrote:

> Hi Daniel, all,
>
> I fully agree, transport data is one of the most spectacular forms of
> open data as you both have statical, dynamic and real-time data. If you
> can open up transport data you can open up any kind of data ;)
>
> On top of that there is a huge discussion on intermodal route planning
> in the European Commission, while we're only at the beginning of
> discovering the possible use cases. With iRail for example we're now
> building a social website for sharing your commuting experience.
>
> Pieter
>

> On 03/04/2012 07:15 PM, Daniel Dietrich wrote:
> > Hi Pieter, all,
> >
> > I think there is not much more information at the moment. The general
> CFP will be out in the next weeks. However I think its on us as working
> group to start planning if we wish to add something like a transport data
> track or a side event in another format (e.g. a hackathon or the like) to
> the OKFestival.
> >
> > I would be interested in co-organising something like this since I
> believe transport data in one of the most "hot" topics in open data at this
> time.
> >
> > What do people think?
> >
> > Daniel
> >

> > On 04.03.2012, at 02:11, Pieter Colpaert wrote:
> >
> >> Hi Lucy!
> >>
> >> This is awesome! I would love to help setting this up. Do you have more
> >> information on this already?
> >>
> >> Sorry for my late response,
> >>
> >> Pieter

> >> --
> >> +32 (0) 486/747122
> >> OKFN vzw/asbl - iRail vzw/asbl - FlatTurtle bvba

> OKFN Belgium vzw/asbl
> +32 (0) 486/747122

Lucy Chambers
Community Coordinator,