[Open-transport] 2013 - Let's make this happen

Thomas thomaskoch at gmail.com
Wed Jan 9 18:06:24 UTC 2013

It's need to build from the ground up. My idea is to have users set a
link from where the portal will fetch in a regular interval or let
users manually upload their zip files. The portal should validate
every incoming file and when a new feed-update contains errors, the
user will get an email.
Data consumers get a symlink to the latest feed so they can just point
their curl to gtfs-nmbs-latest.zip

Also potential useful features:
- Enforce unique agency-id's (a lot of agencies use the agency-id 1)
- ETL/conversion for national standards VDV452, KV1, TransXChange.
Maybe NeTEx, but that's a trainwreck.
- Map showing which agencies published their data, like the openvbb
folks made of GTFS data exchange.