[Open-transport] Next steps for Open Transport

Peter K peathal at yahoo.de
Tue Jul 16 12:55:04 UTC 2013

Hi Pieter,

> 2. Creating a knowledge center on transit stops

Why yet another data format/storage and not using OpenStreetMap for
that? It is already very easy to contribute to OSM even from mobile
devices etc

And I fear you won't get the big enough community for that undertaking.

> what is the walking distance to get the train if you arrive by bus, ...

What if it is a big station? Or if there are several close bus stations
too? And what is 'close'? ... the distances will be very different ...

I don't think you can and should store that in the data. You have to
calculate it.

Regards,
Peter.