[Open-transport] Open Data Public Transport List?

Stéphane Guidoin stephane at opennorth.ca
Thu Jul 18 19:45:46 UTC 2013

No GTFS handler in CKAN. Even for pure geospatial formats (e.g KML), there
is no default handler currently, you have to convert to geoJSON.

But I agree it should be feasible to have the geospatial extent (see
lower-left corner here:
http://demo.ckan.org/dataset/afghanistan-election-data) of a GTFS file, so
that we can 1. see to what geography it applies and 2. do some geographical
search.

The issue is that you would like to have such a feature working for other
format.

The good news is that if someone builds thing afterwards, it will be
possible to generate the geospatial extent on existing datasets, so it
should not prevent us to populate the transport.datahub.io!!