[Open-transport] Hafas Raw Data Format to GTFS conversion (Zürich)

Stefan Wehrmeyer stefan.wehrmeyer at okfn.org
Tue Jun 18 17:16:36 UTC 2013

Hi Thomas,

Service calendar is indeed a challenge.

Hafas defines the Bitfield (I already extracted that) to define services across the whole schedule.
GTFS defines the validity of services only across a week. Bringing this together is tricky.

If you are familiar with Python and could tackle this, that'd be awesome. Please open a pull request to let me know of the state as I will keep working on this tomorrow. I'm currently concentrating on station data.

Cheers
Stefan

On 18.06.2013, at 19:11 , Thomas <thomaskoch at gmail.com> wrote:

> Cool, i could take a shot at getting you a working servicecalendar, if you aren't already working on that one.
>
> On Tue, Jun 18, 2013 at 6:34 PM, Stefan Wehrmeyer <stefan.wehrmeyer at okfn.org> wrote:
> Dear everyone,
>
> I'm currently at the Open Data Hack Day at Interactive Cologne and we also have some data here in the Hafas Raw data format.
>
> So I started to work on a Hafas to GTFS converter. A very rough first version can be found here, work in progress:
> https://github.com/stefanw/hafas2gtfs
>
> Also I disabled the Dropbox-Link I sent around earlier because I discovered that apparently the data file did not only contain Zürich, but a lot more. I will try to figure out how to make it available again.
>
> Cheers
> Stefan

Stefan Wehrmeyer
Projektleiter FragDenStaat.de
stefan.wehrmeyer at okfn.org
+49 151 15550559
Open Knowledge Foundation Deutschland e.V.
Gneisenaustr. 52
10961 Berlin
http://www.okfn.de

Spenden Sie für FragDenStaat.de: