[Open-transport] Open Transport and OKCon

Peter Hicks peter.hicks at poggs.co.uk
Wed Jun 19 20:15:54 UTC 2013

On 19/06/13 20:52, Hannes Gassert wrote:
> I just realized that there's basically nothing from the core of this
> group here in the schedule of http://okcon.org!
>
> There'll be the Geneva transportation agency who's going to launch a
> realtime API (pssst..), the http://transport.opendata.ch folks are
> hanging around (same people that are building Switzerland's federal
> data portal), and there's http://www.citysdk.eu - but no clear date or
> place were the open transport community could meet, exchange ideas and
> maybe create a pull request or two.
>
> I think we should do a mini-unconference inside the conference ..
> everybody comes together, we collect topics, split, coordinate, come
> back together, voilà - for me personally there's a clear need for such
> a thing.
>
> What do you think?
I like the idea... but attending the conference is €€€ this time and
there's not a dedicated transport track to follow.

I am in favour of having an Open Transport weekend somewhere in Europe
separate from OKCon - maybe we can do a Saturday and Sunday similar to
what we did at OKF last year...?

Peter