[Open-transport] Swiss Transport Data: Next Steps / Opendata.ch Transport Working Group Kickoff

Stefan de Konink stefan at konink.de
Sat Apr 26 14:13:07 UTC 2014

On Friday, April 25, 2014 12:06:53 PM CEST, Hannes Gassert wrote:
> To ask bluntly: if yes: when, if not, why not? :)

https://github.com/skinkie/hafasreader

Its now here, it should be able to read a zip file into a database. We are
currently evaluating how to move forward for the transforming step. Given
the HAFAS format is extremely feature rich, converting it into usable GTFS
does mean ignoring data. We are very good in generating GTFS from our own
intermediate database, but this extra may generate more noise.

I have the entire documentation currently on my ereader next to me and will
move forward in producing something usable. Let Thomas & myself know if you
want to collaborate then we can discuss the best way to do transport ETL :)

Stefan