[Open-transport] We Move Project : Open Delays

Pieter Colpaert pieter.colpaert at okfn.org
Fri Oct 17 08:45:21 UTC 2014

Legal status:
  * No copyright, no sui generis (according to second European database
law, see my previous mail)
  * Scraping itself can be seen as abusing server infrastructure of
railway companies or unlicensed use of the software on these servers.
Yet, "scraping" or "accessing the web using machines" is what the Web is
for, cfr. RDFa, microformat, html5, linked data and so on. If scraping
would be illegal, Google wouldn't be able to exist.

Kind regards,

Pieter

--

+32 486 74 71 22