[Open-transport] H2020 funding opportunities?

Stefan de Konink stefan at konink.de
Wed Nov 18 18:35:59 UTC 2015

> Op 18 nov. 2015, om 10:54 heeft Pieter Colpaert <pieter.colpaert at okfn.org> het volgende geschreven:
>
> In H2020 there are a lot of opportunities for open data initiatives that want to work cross border. Furthermore, there are also opportunities for transport data initiatives.
>
> Is someone already working on a proposal looking for more partners and/or would someone be interested in working on a H2020 proposal?
>
> And... Is H2020 still worth submitting to if you see the low acceptance rate, and the very low quality projects?

European Project by default are not worth submitting to. If you can put the same effort in your proposal as in your code, your project could already be finished.

I even consider the "ODINE Incubator" as money laundry machine. Reasoning for declining a project is not about using open data, but about not meeting BS 10.000.000 revenue figures in the proposal. Hence your proposal is used as a way to suggest open data is "worth" something, leading to an economic bubble.

Stefan