[open-visualisation] Third workshop? (+ notes from second workshop)

Jonathan Gray jonathan.gray at okfn.org
Wed Aug 20 15:18:29 UTC 2008

I just stumbled across a few notes I took from the second workshop, and
put them on the wiki:

   http://okfn.org/wiki/OpenVisualisation/Workshop/2

If you attended, please feel free to add any notes/links!

I'm beginning to think about the third workshop, which will probably
take place this autumn.

One of the things people seemed to be interested in last time was in
having demonstrations/walkthroughs of different software packages.

If there's enough interest, it would be great to start to assemble small
groups who would be willing to lead these sessions.

There's a list of some of these packages at:

   http://okfn.org/wiki/OpenVisualisation/

For example, it would be great to have sessions on Processing (someone
said they wouldn't mind doing this?) and Prefuse (perhaps Jan or someone
else from Trampoline might be interested in doing this?).

What do people think?

I hope you're all enjoying the summer!

Jonathan