[open-visualisation] Master project on Open Data

Ola Løvholm ola at lovholm.net
Tue Jul 5 15:45:44 UTC 2011

Hello to all,

I'm writing a master thesis at the University of Edinburgh on the data.gov phenomenon, and thank to Jonathan I found this email-list. I want to do a case study on the governmental data repositories as I find both data interesting. My masters program is Digital Media and Culture, and I think the emerging use of governmental and organisational data in visualisations and applications are interesting topics to look into.

For my practical research I want to interview developers who have been using data to create visualisations or other applications and get to know more about motivations, process and thoughts about the topic. Have you made a visualisation, a desktop or mobile application or used open data in other interesting ways? I would very much like to speak with you. That would help me a lot.

I am also always looking for interesting articles, books and blog-posts written on the topic.

If you are a developer, or just interested in Open Data like me and have some good literature you want to share please get in touch.

I am new to this list, and the other lists here at okfn, but I hope the knowledge I aggregate through you also can bring something back to the community. Thank in advance for your help.

Best regards,

Ola Løvholm
student, MSc in Digital Media and Culture
University of Edinburgh

Blog: lovholm.net
Twitter: olovholm