[openbiblio-dev] BibSoup in AnimalGarden

Mark MacGillivray mark at odaesa.com
Mon Dec 19 22:13:49 UTC 2011

Having just talked briefly to Peter, I have offered to put up a
version of bibserver that allows edit of entries. I have some code
that enables this, although it is requires a bit of knowledge of
nested structures. I will try to alter this so that it gives hints at
what you might want to be putting in a record.

We have also discussed with Tom and Thad about using google refine to
edit collections, and this sounds promising. I will get an instance of
refine up that we can try working with to edit collections too.

Given the imminence of christmas, and an all-day meeting I have to
attend tomorrow, these will probably not be up this week. However, I
will let you all know as soon as they are available, and some feedback
on the create / edit process would be great.

For now, maintaining a collection off-site e.g. as a bibtex file or
using tools like zotero etc is still a viable option, and you can
simply refresh any bibserver collection with an updated source file.

@PT - you are quite into Zotero - could you point me at a good example
zotero collection / endpoint from which I could write a quick import
to bibserver (the JSON CSL, if available, could probably be quickly
ingested or mapped) ?

Mark