[openbiblio-dev] ANN: Elda, implementation of the Linked Data API

William Waites ww at eris.okfn.org
Mon Jan 24 15:07:18 UTC 2011

Interesting, potentially useful for things like bibliographica.
Downside is it is written in Java...

-w

----- Forwarded message from Chris Dollin <chris.dollin at epimorphics.com> -----

Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2011 08:45:29 +0000
From: Chris Dollin <chris.dollin at epimorphics.com>
Subject: ANN: Elda, implementation of the Linked Data API
To: semantic-web at w3.org,
 linked-data-api-discuss at googlegroups.com,
 uk-government-data-developers at googlegroups.com

Here at Epimorphics [1], we have been working on a new Java-based
implementation of the Linked Data API [2]. I'm happy to announce
a preview release of Elda [3,4], the Epimorphics implementation of the
LDA, available from:

  http://code.google.com/p/elda/downloads/list

The current latest version is 0.9.10. The quickstart documentation
is at:

  http://elda.googlecode.com/hg/deliver-elda/src/main/docs/index.html

The Linked Data API provides a configurable way to access RDF data
using simple RESTful URLs that are translated into queries to a SPARQL
endpoint. The API developer writes an API spec (in RDF) which specifies
how to translate URLs into queries. Elda comes with some pre-built
examples which allow you to experiment with this style of query and
get started with building your own specs.

Chris

[1] http://www.epimorphics.com/web/

[2]  http://code.google.com/p/linked-data-api/wiki/Specification

[3] http://code.google.com/p/elda/

[4] repository: `hg clone https://elda.googlecode.com/hg/ elda`
     (you don't need this to run the demonstration jar).

--
"Feel the world turning upside-down"              - The Reasoning, /Dark Angel/

Epimorphics Ltd, http://www.epimorphics.com
Registered address: Court Lodge, 105 High Street, Portishead, Bristol BS20 6PT
Epimorphics Ltd. is a limited company registered in England (number 7016688)

----- End forwarded message -----

--
William Waites                <mailto:ww at styx.org>
http://eris.okfn.org/ww/         <sip:ww at styx.org>