[openbiblio-dev] openbiblio development

William Waites ww at styx.org
Wed Mar 9 14:58:57 UTC 2011

* [2011-03-09 14:28:32 +0000] Rufus Pollock <rufus.pollock at okfn.org> écrit:

] We *really* should put this stuff on openbiblio-dev.

Done, leaving text-below intact for those on the list,
response to your question at the bottom.

] On 9 March 2011 14:22, William Waites <ww at styx.org> wrote:
] > Heres' my update as I sent to Rufus yesterday evening.
] >
] > Still working through the deadlock / crash in the client
] > with Openlink. One bug identified and fixed, one (?) to
] > go. Am going to give them access to the staging server
] > so that they can test there without going through me.
] >
] > In parallel, I've an ordf back-end that works over HTTP
] > more or less working. More rather than less I'd say. It
] > is still virtuoso-specific owing to the way it deals with
] > blank nodes but could relatively easily be extended to
] > also work with other vendors if we know what kind of store
] > we are talking to. This has broken the openbiblio tests
] > because many of them rely on internal ordf implementation
] > details that they shouldn't be and I'm going through and
] > fixing these - that's why I haven't pushed the changes
] > yet. When I do this will mean updating ordf (small change
] > to handle transactions when the underlying store doesn't
] > support them) and installing osurf + surf + surf.sparql_protocol,
] > it only uses a small part of surf, and the latter package
] > doesn't install with pip but does with easy_install...
] > *sigh*.
]
] Can we just pull out the relevant parts of surf and therefore
] not have a dependency on surf.

In principle, yes, but it will be a bit of a slog
figuring out exactly what the internal surf dependency
chain is like. I use surf.store.Store and don't touch
any of their ormish or session stuff. I would favour
keeping the dependency for the moment in the name of
expediency and cut it down later.

Cheers,
-w
--