[openbiblio-dev] Huge bibliography in search for a new system

William Waites ww at styx.org
Thu Mar 17 14:14:03 UTC 2011

Hello Adrian, sorry for the delay in answering, this slipped
through the cracks.

Firstly regarding lists, which we are calling collections, this
has taken a while to implement but is now running on the main
bibliographica site and the code is in the mercurial repository
so I would suggest you update.

Regarding creating works, there is no way to do this at the
moment from the user interface. As I mentioned in another email
we are planning some facilities for importing data from some
other well known sources but this is not completed.

If you have created by whatever means an appropriately
constructed description of the book you can load it via
the command line using the ordf(1) tool like so,

ordf -c myconfig.ini -s --nocs -i http://example.com/entry/abc123 \
     somefile.rdf

the ordf tool also understands some other flags like format
and can fetch descriptions from the web as well as from the
local filesystem and just loads them directly into the store.

Hoping that this helps, and we are working on some more convenient
ways of importing data. To date we have basically done this as
a batch process in bulk and concentrated on representing the
data both on a level of the rdf description and presenting it
to the user.

Cheers,
-w