[openbiblio-dev] First cut of AsyncUpload branch

Edmund Chamberlain emc59 at cam.ac.uk
Wed Feb 15 15:57:43 UTC 2012

I've a barebones Perl based parser up as a gist:

https://gist.github.com/1836836

Should accept stdin. JSON seems valid but does
not upload to bibsoup. Getting a 'unicode' object has no attribute
'get'. I'm not familar with the JSON module, but am wondering if I need
to be more explicit about headers...

Ed

On 13/02/2012 10:18, Mark MacGillivray wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 13, 2012 at 10:11 AM, Etienne Posthumus
> <etienne.posthumus at okfn.org>  wrote:
>> Jim, do I understand it correctly that you suggest some sort of
>> 'string-sniffing' support in ALL the parsers?
>> IOW, when called in some manner as a convention, eg.
>> someparser -s "arXiv:1201.6450"
>
> This sounds to me like something that should come before parsing -
> e.g. send a string to a URL, get back details of which parser would
> parse it, then submit to that parser. Does not actually need to be
> written into the parsers though.
>
> Mark
>

>> it returns some structured output along the lines of:
>>
>> { "recogised" : true/false,
>> "canonical":"http://arxiv.org/abs/1201.6450",
>> "metadata":"http://somemetadataurl"}
>>
>> Can you contribute a simple Python script that does what you suggest?
>> (no parsing needed yet)
>> Then we can see if this is general enough to recommend as a convention
>> for other parser/scrapers.

Edmund Chamberlain
Systems Development Librarian
Electronic Services and Systems