[openbiblio-dev] BibJson and non written material

Karen Coyle kcoyle at kcoyle.net
Sat Feb 16 18:48:46 UTC 2013

All,

It will be necessary to not only say that the object is a CD or an MP3,
but also that the content is music. "Type" alone generally fails the
multimedia use case. With "type=article" everyone assumes text.
"type=book" could be a book of pictures, a book of maps, a book on
paper, a Kindle book, or a book that is read out loud as an audio book.

Moving beyond text usually takes some adjustment. Perhaps Sylvain is
willing to be a model for this?

kc