[openbiblio-dev] BibJson and non written material

Sylvain Hellegouarch sylvain.hellegouarch at gmail.com
Sat Feb 16 19:40:33 UTC 2013

2013/2/16 Karen Coyle <kcoyle at kcoyle.net>

> All,
>
> It will be necessary to not only say that the object is a CD or an MP3,
> but also that the content is music. "Type" alone generally fails the
> multimedia use case. With "type=article" everyone assumes text. "type=book"
> could be a book of pictures, a book of maps, a book on paper, a Kindle
> book, or a book that is read out loud as an audio book.
>
> Moving beyond text usually takes some adjustment. Perhaps Sylvain is
> willing to be a model for this?
>
> kc

I wouldn't mind providing a bit of feedback if I can for sure.

To set the context, I'm currently working on extracting records from a
French library (they are aware of it ;)) as part of trying to demonstrate
that opendata and library catalogs can be a great asset for various
interested parties.

I came across BibJSON and the bibserver whilst learning about the subject
of library catalogs and I really liked the principles behind both.

Obviously, being a public library, I have much more than just books and
articles which is way I was interested by your idea on the subject :)

--
- Sylvain
http://twitter.com/lawouach