[Open Design & Hardware] Request for your bios and leadership this autumn

Kat Braybrooke kat.braybrooke at gmail.com
Thu Aug 22 09:36:10 UTC 2013

Hello Design and Hardware crew!

Hope this email finds you all doing well. After a brief summer hiatus, we
have a series of interesting opportunities and projects for you to get
involved in - including Burning Man, a magazine and a contest - and we are
quite excited to share them with you in the next few weeks (stay tuned for
emails from Primavera, Christian and me about these)!

The first opportunity (and the quickest to execute!) is the creation of a
"Members" page on the Open Design + Hardware website: http://design.okfn.org

The Members page will be a nice way to showcase the impressive backgrounds
of this group's practitioners around the world (we're a varied bunch!) as
we move from a group about *discussion* to a group about *action*. It also
allows us to provide a human face to the work we all do. In the legacy of
our friends at the Open GLAM Working Group (see their nice Members page
here http://openglam.org/working-group/ ), this page will serve as a
starting place for further leadership opportunities and roles within this
group as our projects mature this autumn.

So, my humble ask for each of you - if you'd like to engage further with
the Open Design + Hardware group in this next stage and giving us the
opportunity to share your work abroad on a larger scale, please reply to me
by Friday, Aug 30th with:

* Your photo
* Your bio (150 words)
* A link to your work or projects

A big thanks to each of you in advance - I look forward to it!

- Kat

hello: @kat_braybrooke <http://twitter.com/kat_braybrooke> | kaibray.com
culturehacking at mozilla <http://webmaker.org/> webmaker<https://webmaker.org/>
also leading open design <http://design.okfn.org/> | the open