[Openglam_members] OpenGLAM Working Group Members Update

Sarah Stierch sarah.stierch at gmail.com
Fri Apr 19 18:59:57 UTC 2013

Hi Sam and everyone,

This is great! I did have a concern about the Doodle, I chose two days that
I'm available for next week, but, of course, that could change. I'd like to
be able to participate in a regular meeting, preferably during the week
(not a weekend). So I just wanted to express that - I could change it after
the first meeting I just have calendar that fills up and I'd love to get
something locked and set on my calendar to meet with everyone.

I'll keep following things. I'll send an updated bio (same headshot being
used) soon.

Thanks for the update!

-Sarah

On Fri, Apr 19, 2013 at 4:29 AM, Sam Leon <sam.leon at okfn.org> wrote:

> Hi Everyone,
>
> Hope you’re all well, I know a number of you will likely be recovering
> from GLAM-Wiki - what a weekend! We've got a whole bunch of updates and
> some easy actions for everyone so please keep reading...
>
> Before I get into the details: a brief boring word on *nomenclature.* This
> group has been renamed from OpenGLAM Task Force to *OpenGLAM Working
> Group Members*. The address you should now use for correspondence with
> this *private* group is *OpenGLAM_Members at lists.okfn.org. *The reason for
> renaming is that it was causing confusion around the Open Knowledge Task
> Force <http://okfn.org/taskforce/> which is a separate thing.
>
> We've finally prepared a set of materials and processes that we hope can
> be the basis for turning this group into the engine of global OpenGLAM
> evangelism where we can all share knowledge, sync up and organise
> activities that will drive openness in the cultural heritage sector onwards.
>
> Here are the key updates:
>
>    - The Open Knowledge Foundation has made available some funds to
>    support the production of OpenGLAM merchandise and national travel to
>    events which you would like to represent OpenGLAM at. *Ping either
>    myself or joris.pekel at okfn.org if you want to arrange either of those
>    things.* We have just had some beautiful flyers designed (download here<https://www.dropbox.com/s/53ibm48iufcepnn/OpenGLAM%20Flyer.pdf>)
>    which some of you may want to stock up on and print locally.
>    - We have a new OpenGLAM evangelism slide deck<https://docs.google.com/a/okfn.org/presentation/d/15EAt-jB3io5Silr9f4b8LGIwEzJmjRxmMB09K-Z0-3I/edit#slide=id.gba3e4e12_065> which
>    we hope some of you will find useful when you go to conferences and want to
>    talk on behalf of OpenGLAM. We expect people will want to customise this,
>    edit it and add their own slides - so get stuck in and let’s make an
>    awesome evangelism deck!
>    - We would like to fix a regular slot for monthly meetings - *Please
>    fill in the Doodle <http://doodle.com/p3myhnnrn4qkm754>.*
>    - We are listing all Working Group Members<http://openglam.org/the-network/#WorkingGroupMembers> on
>    the OpenGLAM website! But rather than just having a list, it would be great
>    if this could be a nice photo with a couple of sentences about your
>    interest in open cultural heritage. *Could everyone send a headshot
>    and a 3 sentence bio?*
>    - We have fixed down the first ideas for what membership to the
>    OpenGLAM Working Group means and what it entails, *please read through
>    it*<https://docs.google.com/a/okfn.org/document/d/1zOevGKPF1rc3pi4OIIzlbr5O39hWY6OooSNwZq9LiAU/edit> to
>    check you’re happy and if you have comments on how we should adapt this
>    then do comment. Once we have a version we’re all happy with it will go up
>    on the OpenGLAM.org site.
>    - Finally - we're incorporating - all the great feedback we had on the OpenGLAM
> [...]

*Sarah Stierch*
*Museumist, open culture advocate, and Wikimedian*
*www.sarahstierch.com*