[opensourcepharma] Draft Open Ebola Letter

Tomasz Sablinski tomasz at transparencyls.com
Fri Aug 8 19:44:58 UTC 2014

Mat,

This looks good; thanks for driving it. I suggest a paragraph - may need to
be shortebned/ tweaked - and is a bit controversial:

"Knowledge generation in this area should be driven by a public good, not
by a potential financial gain of any one company. Opening to the public the
process of knowledge generation will force companies owning certain IP
rights to contribute to the discussion, while allowing them to preserve
some financial gain in case of success."

Regards,

Tomasz