[wdmmg-dev] wdmmg dev setup

Jackson Pauls jacksonpauls at gmail.com
Thu Jun 9 13:46:57 UTC 2011

Hi,

I'm trying to set up wdmmg on my development machine to allow me to
contribute some code/effort to the project. I'm following the
instructions here:
https://bitbucket.org/okfn/wdmmg/src/5d60b4d8f5d1/doc/install.rst

It all seems ok until line 135. Running the nostests, I get 2 errors
and 1 failure. The failure seems related to this:
http://trac.openspending.org/ticket/170. The errors are as follow:

ERROR: test suite for test_search.TestSearch
Traceback (most recent call last):
[...]
  File "/home/j/src/wdmmgenv/lib/python2.7/site-packages/solr/core.py",
line 639, in _post
    return check_response_status(self.conn.getresponse())
  File "/home/j/src/wdmmgenv/lib/python2.7/site-packages/solr/core.py",
line 1096, in check_response_status
    raise ex
SolrException: HTTP code=404, reason=Not Found

ERROR: Checks that the CRA datapkg is available and has all the files
we expect it
Traceback (most recent call last):
[...]
  File "/home/j/src/wdmmgenv/src/datapkg/datapkg/package.py", line 161, in load
    dist = datapkg.distribution.load(path)
  File "/home/j/src/wdmmgenv/src/datapkg/datapkg/distribution/__init__.py",
line 44, in load
    raise DatapkgException(msg)
DatapkgException: Failed to load distribution from
/home/j/src/wdmmgenv/wdmmg/pylons_data/getdata/ukgov-finances-cra
['File/Directory at
/home/j/src/wdmmgenv/wdmmg/pylons_data/getdata/ukgov-finances-cra does
not look like a Distribution', "[Errno 2] No such file or directory:
'/home/j/src/wdmmgenv/wdmmg/pylons_data/getdata/ukgov-finances-cra/package.json'"]

If I skip past that, I have a file that fails to download if I run the
command at line 159 (all the others download ok):
(wdmmgenv)[j at lianli wdmmg]$ datapkg download ckan://ukgov-finances-cra
./pylons_data/getdata
[...]
Downloading package resource: http://bitbucket.org/okfn/ukgov-finances-cra
Total size: -1b
[...]

And if I ignore that I get the following related error when trying to
load the data into the database:
(wdmmgenv)[j at lianli wdmmg]$ paster load cra2010
[...]
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory:
'/home/j/src/wdmmgenv/wdmmg/pylons_data/getdata/ukgov-finances-cra/cofog_map.json'

Am in relatively unfamiliar territory with this software stack, would
be very grateful for any pointers to what changes are needed, or where
to look for answers.

Cheers, Jackson