[wdmmg-dev] Where we are with OpenSpending

Martin Keegan martin at kulella.com
Wed Jun 15 09:34:03 UTC 2011

Hello,

We have got things set up such that people can load their data into a
sandbox (at http://sandbox.openspending.org), without formally needing our
assistance.

However, there are two serious limitations: users can't *unload* their data,
which presumably will be necessary in the case where they've made a mistake.
The proposed solution is to expose the ability to wipe the whole database :(

The more serious issue is that we are having trouble with the task queue,
"celery". An option has been added to bypass celery, but this only really
works for small datasets; users trying to load large datasets will get a
timeout.

Mk