[wdmmg-dev] DWH/ETL notes

Stefan Urbanek stefan.urbanek at gmail.com
Wed Jun 29 11:06:40 UTC 2011

Hi,

I've started collecting the notes from our discussions and my analysis:

http://wiki.openspending.org/Data_Warehouse

Some diagrams from yesterday (thanks to Lucy):

http://www.flickr.com/photos/okfn/5882444015/in/photostream/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/okfn/5883006926/in/photostream

(more in the stream)

It would be great if you can write questions, suggestions, disagreements there. It might be a good start for future DWH architecture documentation.

One more thing: I've realized we haven't talked about master data and master data management. Seeing the huge amount of new international datasets and dataset requests, this is going to be necessary as well. Brief intro: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Master_data_management

Later :-)

Stefan

p.s.: Open Spending has a chance to be the first open world-wide financial datamart with the first open-source international financial data warehouse. At least it looks like it is already heading that direction...