[wdmmg-dev] Proposed model overhaul

Friedrich Lindenberg friedrich.lindenberg at okfn.org
Wed Oct 5 08:41:52 UTC 2011

On Wed, Oct 5, 2011 at 10:15 AM, Martin Keegan <martin.keegan at okfn.org> wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 4, 2011 at 9:40 PM, Friedrich Lindenberg
> <friedrich.lindenberg at okfn.org> wrote:
>> On Tue, Oct 4, 2011 at 5:19 PM, Martin Keegan <martin.keegan at okfn.org> wrote:
>>> I refer the honourable gentlemen to the request I made some moments ago
>>
>> I request unanimous consent to revise and extend my remarks using the
>> following Gist:
>
> Not actually sure what you're getting at here. Thanks however for a
> good writeup.
>
> Couple of questions:
>
> can we have the actual "before" and "after" documents as well?

Ok, I'm completely clueless what you want me to do. I also think that
the documents now existing are a nice base for a debate and that we
should focus on the open questions which I think are all raised.

> why does the system use ALTER TABLE rather than creating the table all at once?

I wrote it in this form to help the narrative structure of the
document. In practice, this would very much be an implementation
detail and I'm not sure we need to discuss it now.

- Friedrich