[openspending-dev] Fwd: [OpenSpending] Hi, everybody...

Lucy Chambers lucy.chambers at okfn.org
Wed Aug 1 17:53:03 UTC 2012

Hi again Miro,

I'm not sure how to answer these questions about years, the other ones I
have clarification from the developers that it is not currently possible,
but I am making a note for future versions, so I am forwarding your message
on to the dev list so that you get the right answers, first hand!

[...]

@pudo -> question on years?

In fact, although the time value is in the format YYYY, in some cases it is
displayed as 01 January YYYY and I have not found out yet, how to change it
to the YYYY format:

[image: Inline image 2]

In other cases, although the time value is in the format YYYY-MM-DD, it is
dispayed in the browsing entries form in the format YYYY:

[image: Inline image 1]

Lucy

Best regards,

Miro Ščibrany

On Mon, Jul 30, 2012 at 5:55 PM, Lucy Chambers <lucy.chambers at okfn.org>wrote:

> [...]
> displays like this in the table view. Are you having any issues getting it
> to display?
>

>> - "*You cannot edit dimensions while data is loaded...":* would not it
>> be practical to have the choice to display the dimensions model at least in
>> "read-only" mode?.
>>

> Agree, this would be useful from my perspective also, I've added an issue
> in Github here where we can have a proper debate with the developers:
>
> https://github.com/openspending/openspending/issues/480
>

>> *The dimensions which are used to slice the dataset by (facets in
>> entries browser): *
>> - would not it be practical to arrange the order (layout) of the facets?
>> - would not it be practical to sort the values in facets in ascending /
>> descending order, and/or to enable finding or filtering values in the lists
>> (dropdowns instead of the list boxes?)?
>>

> Again - added as Github tickets here: (feel free to do this with future
> feature requests and then drop a mail to the list for discussion, we can't
> promise when we'll get to them, but it's useful for us to have them
> documented in Github!)
>
> https://github.com/openspending/openspending/issues/481
>

>> *Visualisations:*
>> - can they be modified/deleted?
>>

> Yes! Underneath the visualisation in the bottom right, there is a 'change'
> button.
>

>> - would´not it by practical to Save or Save As design changes made by the
>> user in the Change mode?
>>

> Not sure I understand. It is possible to save and name a visualisation.
> Could you clarify?
>

>> - I would appreciate a radio button enabling / disabling the Years filter
>> (there are case I would like to see complete data, not only data for a
>> specific year)
>>

> Interesting point, we'd need to think how this played out in conveying the
> message of the data, but I've added a ticket for debate here:
>
> https://github.com/openspending/openspending/issues/482
>

>> - TreeMap:
>>   - I would appreciate displaying time period, filter conditions and
>> Total amount
>>   - I would appreciate a radio button to switch between display absolute
>> values / percentage against the total
>>

> Again, added:
>
> https://github.com/openspending/openspending/issues/483
>
> *Timeseries:*
>> - will it be (in future) possible to display datasets as timeseries on
>> the OpenSpending.org?
>> (someting like these timeseries:
>> http://www.racan.sk/2012/05/rozpocet-mc-raca-2012-vydaje.html)
>>

> I shall speak to the developers and find out!
>
> Sorry not to have been of immediate help in all of your queries, but hope
> to have been of some use regarding changing the visualisations.
>
> Please do keep talking to us and telling us about how you'd like to use
> OS. Could you tell me a bit more about the project you are working on, or
> are you simply experimenting with the platform?

Lucy Chambers
Community Coordinator,
OpenSpending <http://openspending.org/> & Data