[openspending-dev] BubbleTree vs TreeMap visualisations

Friedrich Lindenberg friedrich.lindenberg at okfn.org
Fri Aug 17 07:58:05 UTC 2012

Hey,

On Fri, Aug 10, 2012 at 12:40 PM, račan.sk <racan.sk at gmail.com> wrote:
> Significant differences - from my user's point of view - between the
> BubbleTree and the TreeMap visualisations are that the latter ones
>
> 1) contain the predefined filtering by years which cannot even be "turned
> off",

This is true of both

> 2) do not offer the possibility to define further drill-down levels.
>
> Are there some conceptual reasons that the TreeMap visualizations cannot be
> defined similarlly to the BubbleTree ones?

This is caused by historic development: the TreeMap comes from
http://bund.offenerhaushalt.de/ where - along with the TreeMaps - each
page would show additional information (time based development, table,
details). This is why treemaps aren't at the moment multi-level by
default.

- Fr.