[openspending-dev] SA OpenSpending Followup

Friedrich Lindenberg friedrich.lindenberg at okfn.org
Tue May 22 13:02:42 UTC 2012

Hey David,

On Tuesday, May 22, 2012 at 12:43 PM, David Lemayian wrote:

> Jay and I are working on getting the KE expenditure data cleaned up and grouped which is proving a lot more difficult than expected but I should be able to have a working dataset by today.
> Though seeing as this is a thread on the ZA budget, maybe I could I add in a bit of queries about AfricaSpending:
> What platform are we using? [Wordpress / OpenSpending instance / etc.]

The idea was to set up an instance of wordpress and then use the OpenSpending API (e.g. via JSONP). This does not address concerns about the locality of the site, but we may want to find a long-term solution for this anyway… So yes, a Wordpress install would be good.
> Is it possible to get this instance (whichever) running in the time being?

We can provide hosting but my understanding was that OI would do that?
> Detailed steps required to have Daily bread up and running for ZA in less than 24hrs.

I think we went through the rough steps before, but here they are:

* Select and put in new icons
* Define the pay rate
* Replace the stub tax rate in DB with the API call to the ZA taxman.

And, in a second stage:

* Get sam fully briefed to do the layout
* Turn the layout into a wordpress template.
* Create a mustache/handlebars.js template to present the invoice layout (including the output of OpenSpending.Aggregator and the TaxMan call)

We can arrange a time slot early tomorrow or in the evening to do it together, but I'll be traveling this afternoon, so you want Nick.

- Friedrich