[openspending-dev] [OpenSpending] incorrect csv format?

Friedrich Lindenberg friedrich.lindenberg at okfn.org
Tue Sep 25 20:42:57 UTC 2012

>> Moving to openspending-dev for technobabble :)

Hi Christian!

two comments: I think you have a lot of columns with umlauts, one of
them even seems to have a line break. OS currently has some issues
with this, perhaps you could normalize things down to ae/ue/oe with
underscores? Also, while you can load the data like this, you may want
to transpose it first: Make "Bereich" the first level of your dataset
and then establish a new column, say "Economic Type", with the current
column names as values and the actual number in a third column. This
will also allow you to aggregate the numbers to get overall revenue
for a Bereich. Also, as a matter of convention, OS requires each
dataset to have a temporal column. If you don't have one, just add a
fake one with "2012" in all rows.

Hope this helps,

 - Friedrich

On Tue, Sep 25, 2012 at 10:37 PM, Christian Sawatzki