[openspending-dev] solr problem during installation and more

Tryggvi Björgvinsson tryggvi.bjorgvinsson at okfn.org
Thu Aug 8 10:37:58 UTC 2013

Hi Alberto!

On mið 7.ágú 2013 12:48, Alberto Rodriguez Peon wrote:
> I am Alberto Rodríguez, a summer student from CERN, right now working on the development of an API for loading datasets.

Cool. Keep us posted!

> I installed Openspending following this tutorial<http://docs.openspending.org/en/latest/install.html> .  The website seems to be working, and I can create datasets but not see the graphs nor the "manage" page. The exception raised is the following:

<snip>

> Anyone can help me to fix this? I really don't know why is failing.

Hmm... Shot in the dark but did you link to the openspending schema?
That is did you do this:

$ ln -sf <full path to openspending>/solr/openspending_schema.xml ./solr/example/solr/collection1/conf/schema.xml

> By the way, in the tutorial there is one step<http://docs.openspending.org/en/latest/install.html#test-the-install> that allows to import a dataset from the json metadata and the csv file.
>
> That is exactly what we need from the CERN side to push data to Openspending. Could someone explain me how it works internally? This command, executed from an URL, can be the API we need.

This happens in openspending/command/importer.py (the command folder is
what the ostool command maps to).

--

Tryggvi Björgvinsson

Technical Lead, OpenSpending