[openspending-dev] Problem occurred while Importing New Datasets

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Mon Aug 10 12:32:45 UTC 2015

On 10 August 2015 at 11:27, Tryggvi Björgvinsson <
tryggvi.bjorgvinsson at okfn.org> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I just wanted to let all of you know that this has been temporarily fixed.
>
> I expect we'll run into this again in the future but I haven't looked
> closely at what's happening and why the queue gets blocked. Given that the
> isn't a high priority, so for now I think we should just stick to manual
> fixes and use that as a motivator for quickly getting the new loading
> experience up and running.
>
> That means we'll have to rely on you to inform us when the queue gets
> stuck. Sorry if that causes any inconvenience. Meanwhile we'll work as hard
> as we can to get the new dataset loading up and running.
>
> Rufus, can you perhaps shed some light on the status of the new dataset

Yes, its planned and some initial work has started. Individual tasks are
listed with tag [Import] on the OpenSpending Next trello here:

https://trello.com/b/BNXzXDEc/openspending-next

Repo is here: https://github.com/openspending/os-upload

We'd love to have assistance so if anyone is interested in doing some
nodejs coding on the import app please say (perhaps open an issue in the
repo)!

Regar